The application process
GLF Schools' Teacher Training are part of the new Deperatment of Education service called 'Apply for Teacher Training'. If you have not made a previous application, we suggest that you use this service to apply for a teacher training place with us. Applications open from 13 October 2020 and you can apply here.
Alternatively, if you have already started applying via UCAS or are unable to locate the course that you are interested in, you can submit a UCAS application here.
Please do not apply to both the DfE service and UCAS - choose one service only.
Note - our courses are advertised as 'QTS with PGCE'. The PGCE element of the course is optional. You can either choose to do 'QTS only', or take the PGCE uplift. This can be decided after our summer induction programme. For more information about the PGCE please refer to our web page.
There are two opportunities to apply:
- Apply (Apply 1): up to three applications (any route), which will be considered at the same time.
- Apply again (Apply 2): open to applicants who were not successful the first time round, or withdrew/declined their applications. Applicants make one choice at a time, which will be considered sequentially.
We aim to respond to all applications received within 5 days maximum. If you have not heard from us, please check your Spam email folder as often our emails will end up there in the first intance.
Successful applicants will be invited to one of our recruitment days. Interview locations can vary, however, for the 2021-22 cohort they will mainly be conducted online due to the pandemic and restrictions with visitors to schools. The interview will consist of:
- a presentation to the interview panel
- a subject knowledge test, GCSE level (secondary only)
- a lesson planning exercise
- a formal interview, with members of the SCITT Leadership Team
- a teaching activity / review of teaching activity
- a written exercise
- activities to test literacy and numeracy skills
When applying for an ITT place, you will need to demonstrate a drive for, and commitment to, teaching. Your application should also contain the following:
- A full detailed career history (including any gaps in employment with explanations detailing these employment breaks).
- Any relevant school experience or experience of working with children or young people.
- Two references: one must be from your most recent or current employer. If you have recently worked in a school, we require a reference from the Headteacher.
- If you have a NARIC statement or IELTS result, you will be asked to forward these via email on receipt of your application. Please ensure that you have these documents before applying so as not to delay your application progress.
Once an offer has been made, candidates will have 10 working days to accept or reject the offer once all training providers have responded to their application.
You may need the provider and course codes from the table below to apply for Core (Provider Lead- fee funded ) or School Direct (salaried) places through GLF Schools' Teacher Training:
|COURSE CODES FOR INITIAL TEACHER TRAINING||Provider Code 2B4 - Provider Lead / Fee Funded||Provider Code 1HV - School Direct / Salaried|
|Subject||Course code||Course code|
|Art and Design||2TCB||X|
|Biology||2TCK||2TCZ (limited schools)|
|Chemistry||2TCN||2TD3 (limited schools)|
|Computing||2TCG||2TCW (limited schools)|
|Dance||B846 (Kent hub only)||X|
|Design & Technology||2ZJM||2ZJ6 (Only offered at The Victory Academy, Chatham)|
|Mathematics||2TCP||2TD4 (limited schools)|
|Modern Languages (French only)||R246||X|
|Modern Languages (French and / or Spanish)||2TCH||X|
|Modern Languages (German)||E100 (limited schools)||X|
|Modern Languages (Spanish only)||K188||X|
|PE||2TC8 (now full)||X|
|PE with EBacc||G894||X|
|Physics||2TCM||2TD2 (limited schools)|
|Psychology||V335 (limited schools)||X|
|Sociology||V460 (limited schools)||X|
To check if a particular subject is offered in your area, you can access the DfE portal to find post graduate teacher training places:
- Enter the postcode of the main hub school for the GLF region closest to you (refer to our 'Who are our partnership schools' website page).
- Select the subject that you want to train to teach.
- If the GLF partnership offer that subject in your area it will be displayed in the results.
- Alternatively please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help.
We also have a FAQs page for answers to commonly asked questions regarding our application process.