Assessment Only Route
‘Assessment Only’ is a fast track route into teaching for primary and secondary candidates.
Candidates must meet all of the following criteria:
- Currently working as an unqualified teacher in a school
- A minimum of 2 years teaching experience
- Experience of two different schools (experience in a second school must be for a minimum of 6 weeks)
- Recommended by a head teacher
- A proven track record of positive pupil outcomes
- A first degree from a UK higher education institute of 2:2 or above - applicants with a 3rd class degree will be considered if they can demonstrate considerable experience in other areas relevant to their application.
- Grade 4 (or C) or higher in Maths and English GCSE
- Grade 4 (or C) or higher in a GCSE science subject (for Primary only)
- Completion of Professional Skills Tests in literacy and numeracy
It is a requirement for teachers working towards QTS to teach in two different schools prior to applying and registering for the Assessment Only Route and evidence of this must be submitted prior to registration.
Second school placements can be supported and organised by GLF Schools’ Teacher Training in conjunction with the employing school, who will, whenever possible take into account individual professional and personal requirements. The length of the second placement is a minimum of six weeks.
The Assessment Only route currently costs £2,500. This cost must be funded independently; there are no student loans or bursary options for this route.
Interview days take place at one of our partnership schools. We operate a two stage selection process that may consist of the following tasks: a 5-minute presentation, a 45-minute subject knowledge exercise (based at GCSE level) – Secondary only, a 45-minute lesson planning exercise, a written test, a class based activity with a group of pupils, and a panel interview. Full interview details will be emailed 1 week before the interview date.
How to apply:
Applicants should register their interest to Robert Brooks (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications must be supported by a recommendation from a head teacher.
The Assessment Only route takes 12 weeks to complete. During this period successful participants will be completing an Evidence Portfolio supporting the 8 Teaching Standards. At the end of the 12 week programme, candidates will be assessed for their suitability to be awarded QTS status.